Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tech Trends

This assignment was very interesting to me, because when I first read about open content in the Horizon Report: 2013 K-12 Edition, I thought to myself that there were already ways in which I was utilizing open content resources and hadn't even realized it.  As I progressed through the assignment, I began to think of all of the different components of open content and how many things I use every day that can be considered open content that I didn't realize, our video conferencing system for example.  In some cases the conferencing sessions can be recorded and reviewed at later dates.  I think that open content is a great resource for all levels of education.

You can access my assignment here.

Thank you for taking the time to read my assignment, I look forward to any comments that you may have.

4 comments:

  1. Well done, Kim. Being somewhat isolated in Montana (where I am dying to visit!) means that it is vital to have access to materials that will give your students a broader view of the world around them. The Video conferencing tool sounds like an awesome tool. A great way to have field trips without leaving the school.

    Please note that you put a note to yourself to cite in parentheses, so you should delete that and add the correct citation. I do that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Erin! I thought I had found all of them! As it turns out, I had listed the reference on the last page, but forgot to go back and change it. I'm so glad you picked up on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Kimberly. I have not had much experience with open content, but your research was very helpful of available resources especially because I work in a rural district as well. It was also exciting to hear about how much your students are enjoying blogging. I have started my students on blogging as well. Thank you for previously sharing the resource of Kidblog. I actually enjoy this platform more for my students. Lastly, I enjoyed reading about the personal experiences that your school has had. It is always exciting to see how other districts implement technology. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tanberg Video conferences system sounds really cool! It sounds like you and your students have been able to have some exciting, and inspiring experiences. I also like how you discussed the collaborative component of open content. Students these days love to share their ideas and blogs are a excellent platform to do it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete